Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Disney World isn't really the Happiest Place on Earth

For Easter Vacation when I was thirteen, my family and I went to Disney World.  I was really excited because I did not remember anything from the last time we went, and thought that it would be really fun.  For the most part it was really great.  I had a lot of fun on all the rides and in the warm weather.  We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Hotel and were able to see giraffes from our hotel room balcony.  However, my trip to Disney World was also a traumatizing experience for me.  Through a series of unfortunate events in Epcot, I now have a terrible fear of birds.  I am incredibly afraid of seagulls and anything that flies near me now, and I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy them again.  On one of the last days of my trip, we decided to go to Epcot for a few hours to walk around.  We went on a few rides, and then decided to stop for lunch in "Mexico."  I got a taco, which looked pretty good.  I sat down and began to eat, and the food was delicious.  I put it down for one minute to talk to my brother, which was a really bad idea.  Suddenly, a seagull swooped down at me.  I saw it heading for my taco, so I picked it up off the table thinking that it would just go away.  I was terribly wrong.  It started flapping its wings and squawking in my face.  I screamed and tried to get away but it stayed with me.  It tried to peck me, and I just barely escaped that.  I threw the taco down at it, and it finally left me alone.  I sat back down at the table calmly, but I was still terrified.  The guy at the table next to me tried to tell me that this sort of thing happened all the time and it was no big deal, but I strongly disagreed with him.  For the rest of the vacation I was unable to eat anything outside, and to this day I am still terrified of seagulls.  Every time I see one I run or duck for cover.  I hope that someday I may be able to overcome this, but until then I'll just steer clear of them. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally wish I was there to witness that. Good blog topic, who would of thought seagull's were so evil!

    ReplyDelete