Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Paris in the 1920's

If I could go back in time to any other time period just to explore, I think I would go back to the early 1920's.  I would want to spend most of my time there in Paris, France.  This time in history, especially in this area, was really free and laid back.  It's just after World War I, but before The Great Depression.  There was little concern about pretty much any topic.  No one thought that there would be another large conflict at that point, and that there would be peace from that point on.  I would love to be able to just go and experience old Paris.  I would love to walk around the streets, experience new food, speak the language, and meet new, interesting people along the way.  I would love to be able to run into some of my favorite authors and artists at this time, and would be able to have a conversation about their works with them.  I think it would be so fun to meet new friends and just experience life at this time.  I would love to be able to see the Eiffel Tower at night and go up to the top to see Paris all lit up.  I also think it would be great to go shopping at this time.  Fashion was changing then, and it would be really fun to get some jewelry from this time period.  Having authentic jewelry from this time would be really fun.  While I'm there, I'd love to go out and just experience Paris at night.  There used to be really fun places to go eat dinner and dance.  Bands would play and everyone would be able to dance whenever they would like to.  The music at this time was great, and it would be fun to listen to the French lyrics while dancing.  I would love to explore the fun and interesting areas around Paris as well at this time.  Overall, I think I would enjoy the experience of going back to the care-free 1920's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment