Friday, December 9, 2011

I don't Speak any Italian, and my French is really bad.

My freshman year of high school, I had the wonderful opportunity to go to France and Italy with the French Club.  During this trip, I had Laura Slojkowski as my roommate, which was great.  She's one of my good friends, and we had some really fun, hilarious times.  She even forgave me after locking her out of our hotel room when I fell asleep during her appointment with a doctor for a terrible ear infection.  The entire floor of the hotel room ended up waking up because of it, and it was a bit of a situation.  Later on in the trip, we went to the garden of Versailles, and were given some time to walk around the gardens with our friends.  They were absolutely beautiful.  We got a little lost in the mazes, but it was worth it.  When we were standing on a path in the courtyard, this girl and her father were riding bikes around.  The girl ended up falling of her bike, and she was okay but had a bad scrape on her leg.  Everyone was trying to find a band-aid for her, but no one had one.  Finally, someone found one, but it turned out to be the smallest Band-Aid ever created.   The size of the scrape in contrast with the size of the Band-Aid and the impracticality of it was incredibly funny to us in our sleep-deprived state.  Everything turned out alright, and we all went on our way.  On the last morning of our trip, Laura and I had to be up by five o'clock in order to leave the hotel at six o'clock to make our flight.  We were incredibly tired at this point, and knew it would be hard to get up.  As a precaution, we set three alarms just in case.  The next morning, I woke up to Mr. Dimmig knocking on our door saying that everyone needed to be downstairs in fifteen minutes.  I immediately panicked and woke up Laura.  She started panicking and ran to the bathroom trying to pack what we had left out.  Suddenly, I look over and a pair of pants are flying at my head.  In a blind fury, Laura was just trying to get everything out of the bathroom that we had.  Somehow, we managed to get ready, pack, and get downstairs to the lobby in a little less than fifteen minutes, which should be considered a record.  When looking back on this incident and the hilarity of it, I always laugh.  That trip was a fantastic experience, and I now have a really great friend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this was probably one of the funniest stories I've ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blind fury!! Haha yes, it's true. I was in a bit of a panic. Good times.

    ReplyDelete