Tuesday, January 24, 2012

J1.) My Hero

In the dictionary, the term hero is defined as "a person of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities."  To me, a hero is much more than that.  They set a good example for those around them, and do not give in to pressure from others.  They aren't afraid to speak up about their feelings on a subject, and work hard to get what they want accomplished.  My hero is one of my best friends, Tara Hammerschmidt.  I believe that she exhibits all of these qualities.  I am naturally a serious person, and she helps me realize that I need to enjoy the things that I am a part of.  She has always been there for me, and I really appreciate it.  She is always nice and friendly to others, which is a great quality to possess.  Tara is sociable and loves talking to others.  She genuinely takes an interest in the thoughts and feelings of others.  In school she is able to complete her work while still having fun with it. She always puts an effort in to what she is doing, and will try to perfect it whenever possible.  She is good at balancing her life, which also a respectable quality to have.  Tara is the type of friend that everyone should have, because she does take an interest in your life.  She'll try to help you if you have any sort of problems, and she will be able to cheer you up if you're feeling down.  She doesn't let what others say bother her, and she is her own individual.  She helps me realize that it is okay to have fun and that it is okay to be different.  She is a great role model for anybody to have, which is why she is my hero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment