Thursday, January 5, 2012

I2.)My Bucket List

I have many things on my Bucket List, but three of my top things that I would like to do would be publishing a piece of work, touring Europe from one end to another, and learning how to speak Russian fluently.

Publishing a piece of work would be a great accomplishment, and I would really like to be able to do this.  I like to write, and think that being able to have something out there that I wrote could impact many people over a long period of time.  No matter what I end up writing, I want it to be original and comprised of my own thoughts. 

The second item on my  Bucket List is traveling from one end of Europe to the other.  I would want to start in Spain and make my way through every country at some point.  I think it would be a great adventure and that I would get to meet a lot of new and interesting people through this excursion.  I love experiencing new cultures and what they encompass, and think that I would be able to learn a lot from everyone that I meet.  I would be able to sample several different foods, customs, and languages that I normally would not know much about.  It would be the experience of a lifetime if I was able to do this, and would definitely change my perspectives a bit. 

The last item on my three-item Bucket List is learning how to speak Russian Fluently.  I love learning new languages, and Russian is so different than the other languages that I am exposed to in the United States such as Spanish and French.  They use a whole different writing structure and the Cyrillic alphabet, so this would be a bit of a challenge.  However, I'd love to be able to accomplish this even if I go through a bit of difficulty.  I have some friends from the modern Russian Federation that came here through school that I met on vacation, and would love to be able to visit them.  It is an area of the world that is just beginning to open up and modernize, and by learning the language, it would be easier to experience its rich history.

No comments:

Post a Comment