Monday, January 9, 2012

I3.)My Holiday Break

Overall, my holiday break was really great.  I was able to see a lot of friends and family that I don't usually get to see, which was probably the highlight of my week.  On Christmas Eve, I went over to my Grandma's house for dinner.  Here, I was able to see all of my cousins and relatives from my Dad's side of the family that live out of town.  It was really nice to see them, and we all had a great time.  On Christmas morning, my Mom, Dad, and brother exchanged gifts around nine o'clock, and the rest of the family came later for brunch.  We ended the day by going over to my Aunt's house where we were able to spend some more time with the family.  Two days after Christmas, we drove up to New Hampshire to see my Mom's side of the family and celebrate the remainder of the day with them.  Usually, this is the only time that I get to see many of my Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and Grandma, so I always look forward to it.  On the way up to that area, we got caught in a big snowstorm, and had to stop in Utica at this old hotel for the night.  Although it was unexpected, it was quite fun!  The next morning we got up and drove the remaining distance we had to my Grandma's house outside of the Manchester area.  We were surprisingly the first people there, with the rest of the family following soon after.  We were able to relax there for the remainder of the night, catching up with the rest of the family.  We woke up the next day and got ready to go over to my Aunt's house for the late Christmas celebration.  Everyone had so much fun enjoying each other's company, opening gifts, and playing different  games that people had brought or planned.  Overall, it was a really fun, memorable time that I will be looking forward to have again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment