Tuesday, February 28, 2012

L3.) What Makes me Angry

There are many things that can make me angry in a day, but these are just some of the major events throughout the day that cause me to express feelings of outrage and frustration.  In the morning, I get very angry at my brother.  He is not a morning person and always wakes up late, which then causes me to be late.  The thing that bothers me most about this situation, however, is that he always seems to move in slow motion at the worst times.  Sometimes I think he does it on purpose, but nonetheless, its always bothersome. 

Another thing that always makes me angry as well is when people don't use your, you're, there, they're, and their correctly.  We learned how to do this a long time ago, and when you do it enough, it becomes almost a second nature to you.  It really isn't that difficult to do, and it really shouldn't be at this point in your life.  If I was a teacher, I would say in the beginning-of-the-year outline that anything with an error in usage of these words would automatically be marked completely wrong.  That's how much it truly bothers me. 

At school, I also get upset when people interrupt important activities for irrelevant things.  This includes when people talk very loud in class while the teacher is trying to explain something very important as well as trying to talk to the teacher while they are talking.  Just because you may understand something that is being reviewed does not mean that everyone else does.  You should simply sit down and be quiet.  This may be difficult for you to do, but after some practice you should be able to. 

Lastly, other drivers on the road tend to upset me.  People need to be more aware of their surroundings while out on the road.  Driving ten miles under the speed limit simply because you feel like it is not an option.  The passing lane is not for leisurely driving, but for passing.  Tailgating is one of the stupidest things that you can do as well.  It's not going to get you anywhere any faster, and will likely enrage the person in front of you.  It's unsafe and all-around not a smart thing to do.  Driving sometimes makes me think that there is no common sense left in the world anymore.  Everyone makes mistakes, but sometimes, these mistakes can easily be avoided. 

1 comment:

  1. The second item on this list is exactly why you're (not your) an editor here at The Bulldog. (And a great editor at that!)

    ReplyDelete