Thursday, March 1, 2012

L4.) The Anticipation

As of now, many seniors are starting to get acceptance letters into the Colleges that they will be attending next year.  They're so excited to have a plan and to be all set with what they are doing.  They have an answer when somebody asks about their future.  However, when I am asked about what my plans are for college next year, I look like I have no idea what I'm talking about.  I have not had the wonderful privilege of finding out whether or not I got accepted into my top schools yet.  The anticipation is making me go crazy.  The worst part about the whole thing is that even if I get accepted into both of my top schools, I have no idea which one I would rather go to.  My top two schools are Boston University and George Washington University. When I went to both, I got that wonderful “this is where I want to attend college” feeling that you hear about teenagers having when they find a school that suits them.  It will definitely be a hard decision if I end up getting into both of them.   The problem is that they are very similar to me.  They both have wonderful programs for what I want to do, wonderful dorm rooms, urban campuses, great meal plans, and a very active student body.  George Washington University is in Washington D.C., and Boston University is in Boston, which are two of my favorite cities.  The campuses are both beautiful and easy to navigate.  I feel that I would be able to succeed if I went to either college.  I love how people are truly interested in what they are doing and would love to be a part of that at either college.  What one school may not have the other ends up having, which is why it's so difficult to choose.  Hopefully, I'll be able to decide soon.  I won't have much time to decide after I get notice of their decision, so I should definitely start thinking about it more in the time being.  I just want to know for sure that I’m making the right choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment