Monday, October 17, 2011

Choice Blog: It's Hockey Season!

This year, I was even more excited for the start of the hockey season than usual.  This is because I am very excited about the Sabres new lineup and aquired players.  They are looking good this year, and will hopefully make it far this year.  I am also incredibly excited for the return of my favorite player, Evgeni Malkin of the Pittsburgh Penguins, after a tough injury last season.  This, to me, was even more depressing then it should have been because I was at that game.  My Dad and I went all the way to Pittsburgh to see the Sabres play the Penguins, and I was really looking forward to seeing my two favorite teams play each other.  We were really lucky, and were able to get seats just five rows above the ice!  The game started, and the Sabres scored two goals right off the bat.  It was looking good, and I was really happy that I got to see Malkin play in person.  As the game began to get interesting, Evgeni Malkin rushed forward with the puck toward Buffalo's net.  He passed it to another player, and as he was circling around, he got checked into the boards right in front of our seats by Tyler Myers.    I legitimately almost cried, which would have been really embarrassing.  That hit tore his ACL and MCL, taking him out for the rest of the season.  This year, though, he is back and better than ever.  He trained hard in the off-season to get him back to the level where he once was, and will definitely be a key member of the team this year.  My Dad and I are hoping to go to another one of these games again this year, and hopefully the outcome will turn out better than last year's.  Both teams are looking great, and I'm definitely looking forward to following them the rest of their seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment