Tuesday, March 13, 2012

M4.) Caffeine.

Recently in town, a Tim Horton's has opened up.  This has been great because now there is actually someplace to go in this small town where you can get a decent cup of coffee.  However, it has also been a terrible thing.  For one, it has just made me more dependent on coffee or caffeinated drinks.  I have spent a lot of my hard-earned money on coffee the past few weeks, and am starting to realize that it is becoming an issue.  Instead of grabbing a cup of coffee once in a while because I like it, it is now grabbing a cup of coffee because I need it.  Every morning I have coffee and Black Tea from home, but now that I can get it during my lunch, I've begun to need it mid-day as well.  If I don't have it, I feel extremely tired and lethargic.  I definitely need to stop this habit.  In fact, I already have.  As of this morning, I switched to green tea instead of black tea.  In all honesty, it was just because I ran out of Black Tea and thought I could trick myself into using the other as a substitute.  By the end of the cup of tea, I was actually starting to enjoy the change.  It has been difficult to stay away from the mid-day coffee break that I usually have today, and I felt a bit out of it around that time, but I had some more tea, and I've already started to feel better.  I don't want to give coffee up all together, but I must admit that it was getting to be an expensive habit that couldn't have been very good for me.  I think that even though it may be a bit unrealistic for some people's lifestyles, everyone who drinks coffee on a regular basis should really examine what they are doing and how much money they are spending on their habit. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel on you on this, Madeline. There are some weeks where I get so dependent on caffeine that I come home and make a second pot of coffee to last me the evening.

    ReplyDelete