Wednesday, March 28, 2012

N3.) Work, Work, and More Work.

For the past year and a half, I have been working at the High School Pool for various organizations and groups lifeguarding during lap or open swims and teaching swim lessons.  In the summer, I also work at the Kiddie Pool in the park.  Overall, I love my job.  I think that it is one of the best jobs that a high school student can have.  I get to be outside on nice, summer days and inside when the weather isn't so great.  I have hours all year round, and for the most part, I get paid really well.  It's also really fun to work with the little kids and teach them new skills.  Usually, I teach Level One and Level Two classes along with Parent-Child swim classes for kids that are of pre-school age or less.  I always enjoy my job and for the most part look forward to going.  Hopefully I can get a great job like this during my time at college even though that may not be possible.  In the future, however, I am definitely excited to do something different.  I think that it would be really interesting to go into some form of corporate or international law.  I find these areas of study really interesting and would love to get a job involving that in some way.  I think that working for an international company or organization as a legal consultant or contract negotiator would be really interesting.  I also think that a job in international communications would be interesting.  I know the general field that I would like to get into, but am not sure the exact area of it that I would go into.  I have plenty of time to narrow it down and really get a feel for what I like before I need to make a final decision, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment