Wednesday, March 28, 2012

N2.) The Ups and Downs of Spring!

Generally, I view the season of Spring in a positive light.  I love the change in weather from cold and dreary to nice and sunny, the blue skies as opposed to grey, and the blossoming flowers sprouting up from the ground.  Everything always seems a bit more cheery and laid back than in Fall and Winter, and it's almost Summer, which means that school for the year is almost over!  I like how the days begin to get longer, we can start to use the grill again, and our pool gets opened.  It’s the perfect running weather, and I love the fresh air.  Summertime treats are starting to appear and I always want to ride my bike to go get some ice cream with friends.  I also usually go on vacation in Spring which is always a wonderful break from school.  Overall, I really like Spring.  However, there are some things that I don't enjoy about the season.  For starters, I really dislike all of the worms and the worm smell that comes with them.  They seem to have a prominent presence during this time of the year.  Mosquitos also seem to buzz about often this time of year.  I always end up getting bit by them a lot, which is never a pleasant experience.  I also am assigned the task of mowing at least part of our lawn this time of year, which is a difficult task seeing as though my father insists on buying a push lawn mower every year to mow a fairly large piece of our land.  My brother hates this task even more than I do, and consistently gives me the land right next to the field to mow, which is very bumpy and rocky, making it difficult to complete the task.  It's never a pleasant experience.  To me, however, spring is still something that I look forward to year after year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment