Tuesday, April 3, 2012

O2.) The Price of an Education

This article on the costs and benefits of college shows that College is a wonderful investment to make as a young member of society.  Education is priceless, and it can continue to benefit a person for the rest of their lives.  In these studies, people with a college degree made eighty percent more than those who did not graduate high school.  Their higher education also allowed them to prosper in ways that they wouldn't have otherwise.  Their studies have shown that investing money into a college degree has one of the highest rates of return.  I definitely agree with most of what their studies have to show.  I think that education is very important to a person, and that without an education and pushing yourself to the limit, you won't be able to succeed fully in life.  College may be expensive, but it is money well spent.  A lot of the youth around the world don't even have the opportunity to attend a college or university to further their education.  When I think of that, I truly believe that I'm lucky to be able to have this experience and chance to learn more about the world in general.  I wouldn't let that chance pass by me, and I plan on attending college next year for exactly this reason.  I want to have a general understanding of many basic topics so that I am able to apply what I learned to several different things.  I want to learn a lot about language because I think that is very important in today's increasingly global society.  I'm not exactly sure what subject I would like to focus most of my time and effort into yet, but I have some ideas.  Overall, I believe that the importance of an education is great, and that you can't put a price on a great education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment