Wednesday, May 23, 2012

R2. What I Love Writing about...

Overall, I enjoy writing about pretty much anything.  I don't seem to have difficulty getting my thoughts across when I am writing about them.  However, there are a few things that I find easier to write about because I enjoy the process more.  I definitely enjoy writing more opinionated pieces than pieces just telling the reader straight facts.  I like to find out more about an issue and then give my say.  I feel as though it’s a good way to convey ideas logically while still sounding knowledgeable.  While I do love the actual writing of the piece, my favorite part of the process behind these articles is doing the research.  I have found that I am able to learn a lot about things that I am truly interested in, which makes the writing that much more easy.  I love interviewing others to find out more about their ideas as well.  It gives even more insight into the issue.  My favorite topic to do this with would have to be current events or stories that are in the news often.  I find something so interesting about breaking news stories and how journalists have to produce a near-perfect piece for a newspaper within a day or less.  I find it amazing that they are able to do this.  I have also found that I enjoy writing fictional work as well, through the picture blogs that we had to do earlier in the year.  It's very different from most of the writing we do in school, and a nice change of pace.  I think that's why I like it so much; it's a refreshing break from all of the analytical writing we do as students.  I don't really have a favorite thing I like to write about when doing this, and usually it's just whatever comes to mind at that time.  I like being able to blend fiction with reality, which I would like to experiment more with in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment