Monday, September 12, 2011

9/12/11 Fourth Grade

          Out of all the years I have been in school, fourth grade was the best.  It is a year of my life that I look back on positively.  My fourth grade teacher was fantastic.  She was able to make even the most boring topics fun in a variety of ways.  We did several, fun projects that really helped us understand the topics that we were learning about.  For example, when we were learning about the geography of the world, we made and decorated our own globes.  The project was really fun, and it helped me learn the locations of all the continents and certain countries.  If we were having issues remembering a certain topic, then the entire class would come up with a pneumonic device or song to help remember the vocabulary or topic.  I also remember reading books together as a class.  This was one of my favorite parts of the day.  The whole class would sit in a circle and follow along in our books as the teacher read.  To this day, the book Where the Red Fern Grows, a book we read together in that class, is one of my favorites.  Those reading circles are what really first got me interested in books and literature, and I will never forget them.  I also remember being rewarded for good grades and behavior in that class with extra free time.  When the whole class was completing their work and had good behavior, our teacher would reward us with a party on Friday afternoon.  We would all bring in something that we wanted to share with the class and have a snack.  Because of the great environment that my classmates and I were surrounded in, we all got along and were able to become great friends.  Some of my best friends now are the ones that I met in this class, and because of the great friendships that I made in fourth grade, I will always look upon it positively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment