Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The College Craze

For the past six months now, it seems as though everything I have been hearing about is has something to do with the future, and more specifically, my future.  Where I plan on attending and what I plan on studying while I am there are the two questions that I most frequently answer.  My answers are never quite the same, and they usually end with an indecisive "but I'm not sure," or "however, I may change my mind."  The extensive amount of college mail on my desk also serves as a reminder that a decision as to where I'd like to go will need to be reached sooner rather than later.  I know I'm not alone in this, but the frantic look that I receive back from most people my age when I ask them these questions does not reassure me at all.  We all might be in this together, but it is something that must be done individually, with decisions reached on our own and for our own benefit.  On top of these questions troubling me, there is the whole other task of actually applying to these schools.  Using the Online Common Application is supposed to be easier than having to fill out several different applications, but it also takes several days to complete.  The task seems monotonous, and somewhat repetitive.  However, it is something that has to be done, and thinking of how great next year will be is the greatest motivation of all.  So far, I have begun the application process to three out of my five schools that I need to decide from, the first being Boston University.  I'm pretty sure this is my first choice school, but what happens in the next few months before I make my final decision will probably influence the decision greatly.  It is one of the biggest decisions in my life so far that I will have to make, and it will definitely be a tough one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment