Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Interest Inventory!

           Throughout the course of this year, I'd like to write about many different things.  I already enjoy writing about a vast range of topics.  I'd really like to review new books that I've read throughout the year.  I think it would be fun learning more about the background of the book, why it was written, and the author's viewpoints.  I think that writing about the book would give me a better perspective on the book, and would be interesting to those reading it.  Another topic that I would like to write about this year would be different cultures.  This can include a variety of things.  Different foods, celebrations, customs, and travel could be under this branch.  I think it would be interesting to learn more about these things through the research I'd have to do to write about them.  I also like writing about different clubs throughout the school, especially those that I am a part of.  I participate in activities put on by Peer Wellness, National Honor Society, and French Club, and think it would be interesting to write about them.  It would also be a good way to spread the word about these different clubs in order to obtain higher membership and attendance.  Another thing that I like writing about are different current events.  It's exciting to write about world news because each story or topic is a bit unique.   I'm also really interested in art, and think writing about new exhibits, festivals, or discoveries in art would be really interesting.  I also think it would be really fun to write articles dealing with the art department, their projects, and student artists at Alden High School.  I think that it would be fun to interview them about their pieces, their favorite artists and styles, and ideas for future pieces.  Other topics that I would not mind writing about are fashion, school sporting events, and general happenings around the school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment