Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The book.

I have been using Facebook for over a year now, and I think that it's a great way to stay connected with friends and family.  I like being able to talk to friends and family that live far away and that I don't get to see on a regular basis.  It's a way to keep up with them and see what's going on in their lives.  I like being able to see all of the fun pictures they post.  I have friends that I met on vacation that I would never be able to keep in touch with without the use of Facebook.  I also like Facebook because it's an easy way of getting in touch with multiple people at once.  If there is a certain topic I am interested in I am able to see other people's opinions and comments on the matter on one convenient page.  I also think it's a great way of expressing your opinions, likes, and dislikes.  It can be fun and educational in some aspects.  However, for some people, Facebook is addicting.  Some people are always on it, constantly updating their statuses.  I don't think that this is a good use of the site or someone's time.  Most people that a person is friends with don't care that they just ate a sandwich while watching the news on television.  I, myself, very rarely post a status on my wall for everyone to see.  Another aspect of Facebook that many people do not seem to understand is that it is not private.  It is a Social networking site, and your page can be seen by many people if privacy settings are not adjusted.  This could cause many people to get into trouble.  In certain instances, people have even been stalked or taken by people they have met on Facebook that they thought they could trust.  It can be dangerous, but if used properly and responsibly, it can be safe.  Lastly, it is important to leave a positive digital footprint, and what you post on your wall can be seen by many others.  It is important to realize this factor when using Facebook, and not post anything that could be harmful to yourself or others.  Facebook can be a great thing, but there are many negative consequences when used inappropriately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment