Thursday, September 22, 2011

Summer!

          Out of all four seasons, summer is by far my favorite.  Not only is the weather fantastic, but the overall vibe that the months of June, July, and August give off is just a little bit brighter than the months surrounding it.  It is the time I look forward to most in the year.  For one thing, I love going to the beach and being by the water.  Living in Western New York, there are very few times that I actually get to enjoy doing this.  I love just being able to walk along the edge of the water, listening to the tiny waves break at the edge.  Diving in to the cold water on a hot, sunny day is one of the best luxuries of summer.  I love the opportunity to go running without having to worry about cold weather as well.  Running on a hot, summer day and then being able to dive into the pool to cool off is another one of those tiny luxuries only awarded in the summer months.  It is one that I dream of during the mid-winter months as I try to get my run in between school and dusk.  Another reason that I love summer is that I get to go to the Adirondacks.  This is one of my favorite places in the world because it can be so secluded.  It's a great place to go and just relax for a week, meet new friends as well as old ones met in previous years, and take time to forget about the stress back at home.  It's a great time to go on an adventure through the woods or kayak out into the middle of the lake.  By the time I return from my trip, I feel great and refreshed.  Summer is more of a carefree time of the year where I get to really take time for friends, family, and activities that I am really interested in, which is why I love it so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment